In today’s world fleet (also termed as ‘vehicle’) management can include a range of functions, such as vehicle financing, vehicle maintenance, vehicle telematics (tracking and diagnostics), driver management, speed management, fuel management and health and safety management. Fleet Management is a function which allows companies which rely on transportation in business to remove or minimize the risks associated with vehicle investment, improving efficiency, productivity and reducing their overall transportation and staff costs, providing 100% compliance with government legislation (duty of care) and many more. These functions can be dealt with by either an in-house fleet-management department or an outsourced fleet-management provider.
Some vehicle tracking systems are bundled with or interface with fleet management software. Along with commercial fleet operators, urban transit agencies use the technology for a number of purposes, including monitoring schedule adherence of buses in service, triggering automatic changes of buses' destination sign displays once the vehicle approaches the bus terminus (or other set location along a bus route such as a particular bus stop along the route), and triggering pre-recorded (or even synthetic speech) bus stop, route (and its destination) or service announcements for passengers. With the GPS technology being enhanced day by day, companies are coming up with devices that are compatible with phones and other modern gadgets. These devices provide live time activity of the fleet on personal devices without even logging onto their website as well. Keeping a track of fleet commander's actionable data, improving efficiency, reducing fuel cost etc. also come under fleet tracking. These devices and software help in cost cutting. Other applications include monitoring driving behaviour, such as an employer of an employee, or a parent with a teen driver. Vehicle tracking systems are also popular in consumer vehicles as a theft prevention, monitoring and retrieval device. Police can simply follow the signal emitted by the tracking system and locate the stolen vehicle. When used as a security system, a Vehicle Tracking System may serve as either an addition to or replacement for a traditional car alarm. Some vehicle tracking systems make it possible to control the vehicle remotely, including block doors or engine in case of emergency. The existence of vehicle tracking device then can be used to reduce the insurance cost, because the loss-risk of the vehicle drops significantly. Some vehicle tracking systems integrate several security systems, for example by sending an automatic alert to a phone or email if an alarm is triggered or the vehicle is moved without authorization, or when it leaves or enters a geofence.
Pratechsol Pratibha Technical Solutions understands the specific needs of fleet tracking and management, and we have partnered with leading fleet control technology companies to provide integrated and optimized IoT solutions for fleet management. With technology and networks – including satellite connectivity – you can rest assured that your fleet would stay connected to the applications you rely on.
Key features and advantages of our service:
- Positioning and Tracking: real-time tracking of fleet.
- Geo-fencing: establish routes and re-route the vehicle. Sending alerts to driver of routing and re-routing.
- Fuel Sensor: to check fuel theft, contamination and usage.
- Thermal Sensor: to monitor temperature change in temperature sensitive cargo.
- Vehicle operation status: like Ignition on/off, current speed, odometer reading, etc.
- Emergency Stop (SOS) Button: fleet manager purpose, for emergency (if any).
- Speed Restrictions: providing warning to driver for crossing speed limit.
- View Reports from anywhere: can be viewed through mobile / tab also.
- Anti-Jamming hardware device.
- Speed Restrictions: providing warning to driver for crossing speed limit. Else, vehicle can be stopped by sending pulse to the immobilizer or fuel pump if found crossing the speed limit.
- Multiple users: flexibility to create multiple users with multiple viewing rights.
- Access information through secured interface.
- Last but not the least, our fleet tracking service can be tailored as per your requirement.
For Quote and clarifications | Email: email@example.com